Mudlarks out and about this Summer
Hertford based community gardening project, Mudlarks, which provides horticultural therapy for adults with learning disabilities and mental health issue has arranged a full programme of fund raising events throughout the summer starting with the Spring Festival on Sunday 26th May. This event is held at the Cromwell Road allotment site between 1pm – 3pm and is a great opportunity to find out about all the wonderful projects the Mudlarks gardeners are involved in. Tea, cakes, games, dancing and a May Pole add to the fun.
On June 30th there is also the Summer Breeze series of charity bike rides. Open to everyone, there are routes to suit all ages and abilities from 10k for families up to the 80k for the budding Bradley Wiggins among you. For those of you with knobbly tyres on your bike there is even an off-road challenge. The rides start at County Hall and finish at Hagsdell Road, Hertford with a ‘micro-festival’ featuring bands, local beverages and a barbecue.
As we move into Autumn Mudlarks will also be taking part in the City Harvest Festival at Capel Manor in Enfield on the 21st September. This a country show with an ‘urban twist’ held in conjunction with the Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens and featuring a variety of country crafts, animal attractions, produce and displays to entertain you.
You can find out more about these and all the other events, projects and developments that this ever expanding initiative is involved with on the website here.
Most recent News articles
- Chickens help Europe’s poorest families out of poverty 12th March, 2017
- New book on adopting ex-caged hens is out now 13th December, 2016
- Backyard Chicken Keeping 10th December, 2016
- WWF-UK Plant2Plate campaign focuses on diet change to save the planet 13th February, 2016
- Thinking of a ‘wild life’ abroad? New Channel 4 show wants to hear from you 28th January, 2016
- Win tickets to The Edible Garden Show and Good Life Live 2016 01st January, 2016