New book on adopting ex-caged hens is out now
The updated and revised 2nd edition of Starting From Scratch – the ex-commercial hen keepers bible – is now available.
Starting From Scratch approaches the adoption and care of ex-commecial hens in a unique way by bringing together a collection of keepers personal experiences. The book is compiled by Eirlys Goode, who is a regular contributor to Pocket Farm and the force behind the cages2coops forum, with foreword by Phil Lymbery, CEO, Compassion in world Farming
The book contains chapters covering every aspect of battery hen husbandry. However, you will find that while some of it’s content is necessarily specific to ex-commercial hens, much of the advice and expertise within could just as easily be applied to other breeds of hen too.
The book is available now for £9.99 including postage and packing from Eirlys Goode. You can pay by Paypal or bank transfer. If you wish to pay by bank transfer (preferred) please contact Eirlys at email@example.com for details. Paypal transfer is to the same email address.
Pocket Farm readers can win a copy of Starting from Scratch – Adopting Ex-Caged Hens as Pets by answering the following question:
What is the name often associated with commercial hens?
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th December and the winner will be picked from the correct entries on January 2nd 2017
All profits go to support battery hen rescue centres.
Most recent News articles
- Chickens help Europe’s poorest families out of poverty 12th March, 2017
- New book on adopting ex-caged hens is out now 13th December, 2016
- Backyard Chicken Keeping 10th December, 2016
- WWF-UK Plant2Plate campaign focuses on diet change to save the planet 13th February, 2016
- Thinking of a ‘wild life’ abroad? New Channel 4 show wants to hear from you 28th January, 2016
- Win tickets to The Edible Garden Show and Good Life Live 2016 01st January, 2016