Peas & Broad Beans with Mushrooms in Crème Frâiche
- 225g podded broad beans
- 350g fresh peas
- 300ml full fat crème fraiche
- 150ml milk
- 250g chestnut or chanterelle mushrooms
- Unsalted butter
- Handful of roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Cook the peas and beans in boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold water. Set aside.
- Put the crème fraiche and milk into a pan, large enough to hold all the vegetables and bring to the boil. When it has thickened a little, add the peas, beans and parsley. Season and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, halve the chestnut mushrooms if using, then fry in a little butter until softened. The chestnut mushrooms will require more cooking than the chanterelles.
- Add to the pea and beans and serve.