Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb
NOTE: Prepare to stage 3 the day before, then store covered in the bottom of your fridge in a roasting tray.
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 sprigs each of mint and sage
- 2 handfuls of stale white breadcrumbs
- Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 2 racks of lamb, French trimmed, most of the fat removed
- Strip the spiky rosemary leaves off their woody stems and finely chop them with the other herbs. Mix with the breadcrumbs, lemon zest and seasoning and spread out on a plate.
- Stir the honey and mustard together.
- Season the prepared racks of lamb and place outer side down in the honey mixture, coating well and then dip into the herby breadcrumbs, pressing gently.
- When you are ready to cook, set the oven to 200OC/gas 6 and remove the lamb from the fridge to come to room temperature whilst the oven heats.
- Cook the racks of lamb for 15-20 minutes or until cooked as you like it. Rest the racks for 5 minutes before eating.
Sue Duthoit is Leiths trained and caters for both private and corporate events. Call 07785 341383