Gluten Free Chocolate Nemesis Cake
NOTE: Use a large shallow tin to aid setting for this recipe. If you have a gluten sensitivity this is one cake you don't just have to watch everyone else eat. Tuck in.
- • 250g unsalted butter
- • 500g good quality chocolate
- • 250g caster sugar
- • 10 eggs separated Clotted cream or crème fraiche to serve
- Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl, cover with cling film and place over a pan of boiling water - it is important not to let any moisture into the chocolate otherwise it may “seize” and go grainy
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until they are pale and fluffy, pour the chocolate mix in and mix on a slow speed.
- Whisk the egg whites into stiff peaks, beat a third of the egg whites into the mix to lighten it then gently fold in the rest.
- Pour the mix into a large (27cm) lined spring form tin and bake off at 180c for around 30 minutes until just set, allow to cool and turn out.
- Serve with clotted cream or crème fraiche
Recipe courtesy of Roger Ellis. Roger runs Chef's Table Events, which offers catering for corporate events, weddings and parties as well as live cooking demonstrations for groups or at your own home.