Chocolate and Orange Muffins
NOTE: Instead of buying pre-made tulip cases make them from squares of baking paper pushed into the muffin tin. It's a bit fiddly but run your finger around the base and crease the folds and they soon take shape.
For 12 muffins
300g self raising flour
175g castor sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
55g chocolate chips (plus extra for sprinkling)
100ml sunflower oil
Zest and juice of one orange
1. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl
2. Lightly beat eggs and mix with the oil and orange juice
3. Add to other ingredients and mix gently together
4. Fold in zest and chocolate chips and, where necessary, add extra orange juice to bring to dropping consistency.
5. Divide mixture equally between 12 muffin cases and sprinkle with more chocolate chips
6. Pop into a pre-heated oven at 190c, gas mark 5, for 20 minutes or until well risen and browned on top. Cool slightly and turn onto a rack.
Optional: add a sprinkling of sifted icing sugar on top once cooled