My interest in bees started at an early age. One of my childhood memories is of being stung by a bee on a train on the way to the beach with my grandma. I had crossed my ankles and trapped a bee and apart from the shock and pain, quickly learned that ...
Now the nights are getting longer and the days shorter, hopefully your garden is overflowing with produce. September is the time to start getting in all the main crops and getting yourself ready for winter. It’s a good idea to sow green manure after you harvest an area to keep the number ...
Pocket Farm has collected some of your favourite products together in one handy online store. You can browse for books, poultry supplies and tools with more categories and products being added weekly.
Bit of a mouthful to say and a wonderful mouthful to eat. Use up some of your late summer fruits with delicious dessert...
Most recent articles
- Beginning back garden beekeeping 6th September, 2016
- Smallholding Property for Sale: Western France 15th June, 2016
- Integrating new chickens into an existing flock 15th May, 2016
- The nests in my heart – a personal view of ex-battery hens 22nd March, 2016
- WWF-UK Plant2Plate campaign focuses on diet change to save the planet 13th February, 2016
- Thinking of a ‘wild life’ abroad? New Channel 4 show wants to hear from you 28th January, 2016